It's finally here! This new version of skinmanager bring a new interface with a better layout.
It has been under developement for almost half a year and now it is ready to be shown.
The main functions are still the same as the old style but many bugs has been cleared, the usabilty has been greatly improved.
This is not my work but mainly the work of a very good friend that i will never thank enough for all the hours he spent on it. I really like the result and i'm sure you all will like it too.
HOW TO UPDATE FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS:
If you have enabled the AutoUpdate feature in the skinmanager settings, it will update skinmanager at next run.
Otherwise, simply go in skintool to update skinmanager.
NOTE: I recommend to first update Skinmanager and olny after that update the skins.
The unlock code is still the same.
RADIO EDITOR 2
Radio Editor has been totally re-written from scratch, making it simpler to use and with more functions:
- A Radio station can be now assigned to a button just clicking on a numbered "Star"
- Text edit is easyer with keyboard automatic toggle
- Text can be enabled\disabled
- You can now assign a Logo\Icon to a button, selecting it from an internal repository
- Also the logos can be enabled\disabled
- All the skins are updated in one shot
These are the informations that you need to know to be able to use the logos correctly:
1.The logos (for now) can be used only in skins 2, 5 and 6.
2. Skins 3 and 4 still use the labels only assignement.
3. Skins2 (android) and Skin5 (Carplay) use logos/icons in the png format with a dimension of 120x90 pixels.
Skin6 (mydean) need png with a dimension of 120x70 pixels.
4. Logos are saved on sdcard in the folder \Skinmanager\Bookmarks. During first install the logos are copied in the unit too.
5. Radio stations Logos can be downloaded from wolkswagen site at this url (just select your Nation and download the zip file):
6. Once downloded extract the zip file in a sub-folder of \Skinmanager\Bookmarks\ on sdcard. Run Radio Editor and update the internal repository with the "Refresh" button
7. To assign the logos to your Bookmarked stations buttons, hold your finger on a Station in the list and a selection window will pop up.
8. If the "Show Icons" toggle switch is disabled, the skin will use the "old style" buttons with labels
9. Enabling the "Show Labels" toggle will display the name of the station over the button allowing you to use blank buttons
OTHER ADDITIONS IN THIS RELEASE
As i said Skin6 now have radio station icons too but it has also a couple of more apps: Single Player and the file manager CECMD
Here is (a partial) the changelog:
- Added some smaller empty bookmarks (120x70) for skin6
- Added radio icons to skin6
- Added SinglePlayer and cecmd to skin6 apps
- Fixed Skin1 theme bug
- RadioEditor opens png files with any name, any size (it's not resizing them!)
- Added in Themer, Skin1 radio buttons
Changed in skin5 default radio bookmarks with "old style"
Little fix in skin2 Next/Prev radio buttons behaviour
- Fixed all Radio buttons, bookmarks, arrows etc.. in Skin2
- For RadioEditor to install (and MirrorLink as well) the system need to be patched. If the system can't be patched when RaEd or ML is called for the 1st time, a notification will pop up.
- Introduced RadioEditor v2.3
- Added clock to Skin5 audio player
- Fixed dots in skin2 home time
- Updated mirrorlink with ios 10.2 fix
- Introduced Skinmanager 6.1
TO BUY MY SKINS AND SOFTWARE
PLEASE VISIT THE SHOP SECTION O MY SITE
If you already have it, you can find the update in my gdrive folder.